Monday, April 19, 2010

Cause the Bride Can't be Naked: Being Prepared

I went on my first dress shopping trip three weeks after we got engaged. My little sister/MOH was home for Christmas break and we were all itching to look at some lovely dresses.
Armed with my inspiration, my little sister, my mom, FMIL, & aunt I went dress shopping.
Our first stop was a local store that has been in business for almost 80 years. I have to admit, I was a little naive about the whole dress shopping experience.
Luckily, I had asked the hive for some help prior to my shopping trip so I knew to wear undies that covered my booty and a strapless bra; to bring a snack and a camera (just in case I could take pictures); and to take my time and look for the one I loved (no matter what anyone I was with said).
Prior to my shopping trip the only experience I had with wedding dress shopping was TLC's "Say Yes to the Dress." This show prepared me for a private appointment with a knowledgeable salesperson who wanted nothing more than to put me in a gorgeous dress and tighten up the back with orange clips.

What I got was a shop that didn't take appointments, a salesperson that only helped when I asked and dresses that looked nothing like what I wanted.
But I promise the trip turned out to be much better than it sounds.

Next up: I finally show you some pictures!

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see what you pick! I know what you mean about the dress shopping let downs...I totally had them my first time in DB...had a much better experience in my second and final shopping trip to a private boutique.

    ReplyDelete