Sunday, January 17, 2010

The Tale of Two Weddings: Part 3

When we left off I was starting to feel stressed out about planning a Northern Michigan wedding in 8 months at a resort.
Jus and I want our wedding to be a display of who we are, personal touches and a showcase of the places and people we love.
The reason I love Northern Michigan so much is it's wildness, the small towns and the lack of people. When my family goes on vacation we try to stay in small places that give you a feel of the land and the people. The more I thought about a resort wedding the more I worried that it would be too cookie cutter and wouldn't express my love for the wilderness of Northern Michigan.
The resorts we looked at are very beautiful, they offer amenities that smaller venues don't and would have someone on staff to help me plan our wedding. But the thought that kept playing over and over in my head was that between the distance and having someone I had never met helping to plan that the wedding would not truly be an expression of Jus & me.
How could I convey the breezy, colorful, elegant, vintage feeling I wanted when I had trouble expressing my vision to Jus?
I was loosing sleep thinking about planning a wedding in Northern Michigan in 8 months and in order to maintain my sanity we started talking about other options.
A further destination with a smaller guest list, a hometown wedding with a large guest list or scratch it all and elope.

Did you hit a lot of roadblocks in figuring out where to hold your wedding?

No comments:

Post a Comment