Monday, December 21, 2009

Wild Horses

Before we get into the planning I thought I'd start with our engagement story. I've posted this on my other blog but wanted to share it here too.
Fridays are long days for me. I usually work thirteen hours so when I come home I just like to shower and zone out in front of Say Yes to the Dress.
The day of December 4th was pretty typical, except I was worried about Jus because he had a stomach ache all day and I couldn't really get a hold of him.
That night Jus was in his guitar room when I got home. I went in and plopped myself on the sofa complaining about how long my day was.
The Rolling Stones' Wild Horses* came on and Jus asked me to dance.** I said that I didn't really feel like it and so he asked me again and I finally relented and got up to dance. I could feel Jus' hands shaking and started to worry that he was really sick.
While we were dancing Jus turned me around so that my back was facing him and I felt him pull something out of his pocket. We kept dancing and he wrapped his arm around me and opened his hand. He was holding the most beautiful ring and asked if I'd marry him. I started laughing hysterically and finally said yes some 20 minutes later.
Before we go any further on our little adventure I wanted to share some ring pictures with you, even though my stinky camera does not do my gorgeous ring justice.



*Wild Horses is one of those songs that we always say should be "our song" even though our song is Bob Dylan's "Lay Lady Lay." Now I think Wild Horses will forever be our song.
**When good songs comes on I usually make Jus get up and dance, this has resulted in dance parties in the kitchen, living room, and guitar room many times.

3 comments:

  1. omg, absoluteyl stunning ring- exactly the kind i want!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your ring is absolutely gorgeous and i love your proposal story! i love that it's not over the top, but still romantic and thoughtful. oh...and did i mention i love your ring?

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww such a sweet proposal story!! And I adore your ring too!

    ReplyDelete